Ministry Minded

The up to date happenings as I enter into my first year of vocational ministry and transition from Boston.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kent, Washington, United States

I love Jesus Christ, my husband and our sweet little meatball. I love how my husband and I can make each other laugh everyday! We love to be outside doing almost anything but especially camping! I am passionate about advocating for others, Biblical truth, ministry and Biblical counseling. **We added to our family in 2012 work a princess meatball **

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Let's back up

It was brought to my attention that this blog seemed to start in the middle of the story which made it confusing for new friends. I graduated from Bible college in Boston,MA in May 2004. My dream, and reason for going was to prepare for fulltime ministry. After a very bittersweet four years, I graduated with a BA in Biblical studies with an emphasis in church and youth ministries.

I have spent the past year since then working as a case manager and an assistant program director for an area human services agency.

Now.... I am preparing to move back to NY- not the part I am from but close to it. I was offered the opportunity to interview for a staff position with a church in Northern NY. The really cool thing is that God started this path more than 8 years ago when I met my friend Brian online in some random christian chat room. I was newly saved and looking for other christians to talk to and somehow met him.

This was as they say the beginning of a beautiful friendship lol. We stayed in touch throughout that time,and although we attended the same secular college and even took some of the same classes, we never met. Well, somewhere along the years Brian introduced me to his pastor, also online, now he and i 'talked shop' every now and again and stayed in touch.

This past fall, Mike, the pastor, and I caught up again. He asked me what I had been doing since we last spoke. I laughed since my life was dramatically different. He asked me about my relationship and i informed him it was over; he asked me where I was living and I told him I was in my own place; he asked me about school and I told him I graduated, we then started brainstorming a few ideas and after a few chats and a couple resumees later...I was meeting both Mike and Brian in person and just 2 months later (now) I am preparing to move to the Northern NY area to begin my ministerial career. I couldn't be more excited, intimidated and hopeful for this opportunity.

Please keep me in prayer as this is the biggest thing I have ever done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home