Ministry Minded

The up to date happenings as I enter into my first year of vocational ministry and transition from Boston.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kent, Washington, United States

I love Jesus Christ, my husband and our sweet little meatball. I love how my husband and I can make each other laugh everyday! We love to be outside doing almost anything but especially camping! I am passionate about advocating for others, Biblical truth, ministry and Biblical counseling. **We added to our family in 2012 work a princess meatball **

Monday, December 19, 2005

The Proposal


It has been almost a month since Paul proposed and many people have asked about the proposal and I realized that I had forgotten to imortalize it here so......

Paul flew in to the Buffalo airport to spend Thanksgiving in N.Y. with Heidi. He had already spoken to her parents to request permission to propose to her and knew he had to do it the night he got in so that no one slipped and let the surprise out. After dinner at the Anchor Bar (A restaurant whose fame came from being the birth place of Buffalo wings), Paul said he would drive and went to Riverside Park in the city. Upon arriving, Paul realized that the web site that showcased the park as a vast and lush expanse had lied. It was more of a kids' park with soccer fields, swimming pool, basketball courts and such. There was a gazebo across the highway overlooking two other highways and another highway and the river lol. Since it was only about 5 degrees or less outside, Paul's plan to play a song on his guitar did not work, as it was also too cold. After a few minutes, we started to head back to the car because it was REALLY cold. On the way, Paul stooped down by a tree in the middle of the park. Heidi warned him not to throw a snowball. Just as she completed her last warning, Paul was down on one knee, proposing ring in hand. Heidi replied by saying, "I think I would cry, but I think my tear ducts are frozen."

One more glitch....

The ring that we'd selected would not be ready for a few weeks due to the extensive work required to complete the detail in it to upsize it. In the mean time, Paul had purchased a solitaire as a " faux ring," so as to have something to propose with and something for Heidi to wear.

Glitches and all, it was a very wonderful and memorable night!

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul's Porch said...

Sounds more like a police report to me!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Paul's Porch said...

I'm glad you didn't change it Sweetie!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home