Ministry Minded

The up to date happenings as I enter into my first year of vocational ministry and transition from Boston.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kent, Washington, United States

I love Jesus Christ, my husband and our sweet little meatball. I love how my husband and I can make each other laugh everyday! We love to be outside doing almost anything but especially camping! I am passionate about advocating for others, Biblical truth, ministry and Biblical counseling. **We added to our family in 2012 work a princess meatball **

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I almost forgot!



There was something else I wanted to blog about. I was reading a commentary on 1st Thessalonian yesterday and found out something interesting. Well, I am not so sure that it was interesting in as much as it was simple and thought provoking.

The author was talking about the importance of greetings like the ones found at the beginnings of many of the New Testament books. He spoke of their significance and how we so often skim through them not paying too much attention to them. Well, he cautioned against this but in a different way than typically heard in a Sunday morning sermon. He pointed out the variety of the greetings and salutations and likened it to the letters he exchanged with a girl he dated in college. He pointed out that we oftentimes when communicating with a new and/or familiar love (just as he was in his example) we quickly tear open the letter and examine the greeting to see what they have selected and there is much significance. Does it say...hello... dear...my love....sweetheart....a simple name? There is significance even in that as well as the closing!

I was so grateful for that perspective and know that I will think twice as I begin each new letter of the Bible!

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul's Porch said...

Hello my love,

I like this post. I hope our greetings never get old!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home