Ministry Minded

The up to date happenings as I enter into my first year of vocational ministry and transition from Boston.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kent, Washington, United States

I love Jesus Christ, my husband and our sweet little meatball. I love how my husband and I can make each other laugh everyday! We love to be outside doing almost anything but especially camping! I am passionate about advocating for others, Biblical truth, ministry and Biblical counseling. **We added to our family in 2012 work a princess meatball **

Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Emperor's New Clothes


Do you remember that story from childhood? This man convinces the Emperor to invest in his new clothing line but it's a scam because there are no clothes. He convinces the man that they are there even though he can't see them. So, the emperor marches through the town to show off his new clothes in a grand procession. The people are not sure what is going on and many laugh and snicker because it is clear to them that he has been had because he is clearly naked! The point is that someone convinced him of something untrue and he truly believed it.

That's sort of how I feel about my new inhaler for my asthma. It's a new kind- it's filled with dry powder (
http://www.msrcnet.com/.../ Advair_Diskus_Serevent.jpg). Unlike the traditional inhalers, you just click and tip it back. And it came with warnings of side effects that are worse than the ailment you are taking it for and the instructions that I would probably not feel, taste or see the powder but I MUST rinse my mouth out because it could bring about all sorts of delightful side effects if I had any of the med left lingering in my mouth.

Well, for some reason it reminded me of this story and I got to wondering if I was even taking anything at all which I would hope I was for what I paid for it! It also got me to thinking about the Holy Spirit. We can't 'see' Him but we can and do see the effects of His work and presence in our lives. Just like my medication, I can't see it but I know that it is working and doing what it is supposed to. Very often we overlook the Holy Spirit which is not a good thing, only to find out later what amazing incredible things He was doing in our lives and how much He is and does work. And He, the Holy Spirit, is far better for so many reasons and more than that He is free ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home