Ministry Minded

The up to date happenings as I enter into my first year of vocational ministry and transition from Boston.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kent, Washington, United States

I love Jesus Christ, my husband and our sweet little meatball. I love how my husband and I can make each other laugh everyday! We love to be outside doing almost anything but especially camping! I am passionate about advocating for others, Biblical truth, ministry and Biblical counseling. **We added to our family in 2012 work a princess meatball **

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Parking spaces and other neurosies


Well, it happened. Someone finally got up the nerve....to park in MY spot!
And of course this got me to thinking about other things. I started to think about how we cling to things and how tightly. Now, as much as I would like to think that that spot was mine and as much as friends joked that they thought it was since I always seemed to get it (Lets face it, it was great) it wasn't actually mine to begin with. How many times do we do this with other things? Our life is the biggest thing that we cling to that truly isn't ours. The Bible is VERY clear about that, however, society, media, our own human wills and every other thing in our daily lives encourages us to take our lives captive as they are ours!

The past few years have seemed to have been a series of lessons in change and learning, often the hard way, how not to cling to things that aren't mine to begin with. I think relationships with people, whether they be romantic or otherwise, are some of the hardest things not to cling to.

I heard it said once that we are to live life with an open palm so that God may put in and take out as He wills. And that if we close our hands it all slips through like sand. Something to think about.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul's Porch said...

Like I said, I can make a sign for your spot! Just ask and I'm right on it! Wish I had found this comment thing sooner. It wasn't until you mentioned it last night that I saw it. Guess what? I am sooo unbelievably "that's why it helps to wear a hat" with you!!!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home