Ministry Minded

The up to date happenings as I enter into my first year of vocational ministry and transition from Boston.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kent, Washington, United States

I love Jesus Christ, my husband and our sweet little meatball. I love how my husband and I can make each other laugh everyday! We love to be outside doing almost anything but especially camping! I am passionate about advocating for others, Biblical truth, ministry and Biblical counseling. **We added to our family in 2012 work a princess meatball **

Monday, October 31, 2005

Blessings & Butter Knives

So, I was at church yesterday and getting ready for Sunday school when it happened. I didn't realize it had happened again until a little while later when it clicked in my head and I realized that I needed to put my attitude in check again... There is a woman at my church who is the epitomy of so many things. The first word that comes to mind is humility.

I was gathering items together to carve a pumpkin that I was using for an illustration for my class. This woman came in to help out as she so often does and made some suggestions of what I could use (the butterknife). Well, I thanked her but thought that I had found the perfect tools with the selections that I made. Wouldn't you know that that butterknife and serving spoon that she suggested were the ONLY things that would work!

What I realized throughout this was how she knew all along that those items would work better but let me find that out on my own. The funny thing is that she wasn't even aware that any of this had gone on, but rather God used her yet again as I am sure He has so many times as she is so pliable to God and what He wants for her life. Now, if she knew I thought this let alone wrote it she would sheepishly say thank you but think nothing of it.

She is one of those people that I have learned and been taught to latch onto and learn everything I can from her for as long as I can. Her husband is the same. They are definitely great examples for Paul and I in so many ways. They also encourage us in so many ways and are genuinely excited about our future together.

God has used them so much in my life and already and for that I will always be greatful and thankful!!

For anyone who happens to have stumbled onto this blog or even reads intentionally that is the best advice I can give you is to latch on to a senior saint (which doesnt mean elderly, just older in the faith) and learn all you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home