Ministry Minded

The up to date happenings as I enter into my first year of vocational ministry and transition from Boston.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kent, Washington, United States

I love Jesus Christ, my husband and our sweet little meatball. I love how my husband and I can make each other laugh everyday! We love to be outside doing almost anything but especially camping! I am passionate about advocating for others, Biblical truth, ministry and Biblical counseling. **We added to our family in 2012 work a princess meatball **

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Plates & Planes


I used to have this poster when I was a kid that was a photograph of two jets barely missing each other in the air. They were so close that their smoke trails crossed! I remember staring at it then thinking it was cool
(mainly because I was then and still am in love with planes & flying) ; how close they were to each other and yet never touched! For some reason that is the picture in my head right now. How delicate a task it is to keep everything in balance and check.

Kind of like plate spinning. I have never done it of course , althought I ought to with the number of times I use it as an analogy! You know, the circus act of plate spinning where someone in some sequin clad outfit frantically runs back and forth to keep all of his plates up and spinning at the same time!

I see balancing life in the same manner sometimes; or at least it feels that way. As you can see from the ticker a few posts below this one, there isn't a lot of time left before the wedding and at the same time, it seems like an eternity.

I think this is all just a lesson in remembering what plates must keep balanced and spinning and which ones don't need as much attention. I think the one main thing I have been forgetting lately is, who gave me those plates to spin in the first place ;0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home